Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"I dwell in Possibility -" Emily Dickinson #466
Transcript of "I dwell in Possibility -" Emily Dickinson #466
* Emily loves her Iambic tetrameter...
* Weird capitals? All nouns.
* Dashes - suggests alternative word uses or a trailing thought.
* Rhyming of the second and fourth line of each stanza.
* Near rhymes in the first and last stanzas
Speaker, Diction and Tone
* The speaker - is it Emily Dickinson?
* The language is formal, indicative of her education level
* "Architectural language"
* The tone is wistful, fairytale-esque
The Home of Imagination
* Possibilities for "Possibilities"
* The Imagination/Poetry as a refuge
* Emily's Heaven
* Where her muse comes to visit
Oh, the Metaphors!
* Poetry and Prose as dwellings
* "Chambers as the Cedars"
* "The Gambrels of the Sky"
* Paradise - poetry/muse/state of creativity/Heaven
The Emily Dickison Lexicon