Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cable Stayed Bridges
Transcript of Cable Stayed Bridges
Relatively new in bridge construction.
Have an advantage to when related to other materials due to a high tensile strength to weight ratio Towers The tower is the tall pillar to which the cables are attached on the bridge. It’s primary function is to transmit and absorb forces from the anchoring stays, which will control how the pylon is eventually designed Material Considerations Towers can be made out of steel or concrete (primarily concrete) Early designs made from steel, with no real consideration for material cost or artistic design I-280, Toledo, Ohio