Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Solving Linear Equations
Transcript of Solving Linear Equations
2x - 5 = 8x + 2
(2/3)x + 4/5 = 4
5.2x-2.6=3.9x OK, what are some counter examles Slightly more technical definition Any Equation that can be written in the form: ax + b = c, where a, b, & c are real numbers. Example Solve 3x = 6 Summary
Step 1. What is beside the x that we don't want?
Answer: a 3.
Step 2. How is the 3 "connected" to the x?
Answer: it is being multiplied
Step 3. How do we "undo" multiplication?
Step 4. Divide both sides by 3.
This gives us 3x = 6
x = 2 Step 1. What is beside the x that we don't want? 3x = 6 Answer: a 3 Step 2. How is the 3 "connected" to the x? 3x = 6 Answer: It is being multiplied Step 3. How do we "undo" multiplication? 3x = 6 Answer: Division Step 4. Divide both sides by 3 3x = 6 This gives us:
3x = 6
x = 2