Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Solving Linear Equations
Transcript of Solving Linear Equations
2x - 5 = 8x + 2
(2/3)x + 4/5 = 4
5.2x-2.6=3.9x OK, what are some counter examles Slightly more technical definition Any Equation that can be written in the form: ax + b = c, where a, b, & c are real numbers. Example Solve 3x = 6 Summary
Step 1. What is beside the x that we don't want?
Answer: a 3.
Step 2. How is the 3 "connected" to the x?
Answer: it is being multiplied
Step 3. How do we "undo" multiplication?
Step 4. Divide both sides by 3.
This gives us 3x = 6
x = 2 Step 1. What is beside the x that we don't want? 3x = 6 Answer: a 3 Step 2. How is the 3 "connected" to the x? 3x = 6 Answer: It is being multiplied Step 3. How do we "undo" multiplication? 3x = 6 Answer: Division Step 4. Divide both sides by 3 3x = 6 This gives us:
3x = 6
x = 2