Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Making Inferences (Video Game Mystery)
Transcript of Making Inferences (Video Game Mystery)
Find the evidence. Use your brain.
Think like a detective!
to conclude information from evidence and reasoning rather than from given statements
Work with your group to complete your assigned task. Give your best effort!
What do I need to make an inference?
textual evidence + what I know = inference
Words to know...
- someone who writes codes
- a person's defense that they were somewhere else or with someone else at the time of a crime
- a reason for someone to commit a crime
"in the red"
- means in debt
Case # 25:
Who took the video game?!
1) Solve the case of the missing video game with your team of detectives.
2) Review case notes, lists of suspects and alibis. Determine who could have committed the crime and who had a motive. Record your inquiries on the
3) Solve the logic puzzle to determine which suspect wore the same type of shoes as the footprint found at the crime scene. Record your answers on the
4) Solve the cryptography code to determine the password.
5) Make your inference as to who committed the crime and why. Be prepared to defend your answer with
Take a closer look...