Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Developments in the use of the Internet
Transcript of Developments in the use of the Internet
Humans are very interactive beings and use computes mostly for social, as well as strictly business communications. A recent development is social networking websites.
Social networking websites
Features of Web 2.0
1) creating a page
2) upload photos,videos and music
3) post blog entries
4) send email
5) participate in chat rooms
6) search for users with similar interests
7) add users as friends
8) comments on your friends profiles
9) invite friends or public to events
Developments In The Use of the Internet
Social networking sites allow users to share ideas and interests within the social networks represented by their overlapping contact lists across economic, politic and geographical boundaries.
Co-operation in these social networks can be seen as encouraging the "gift economy" and "paying forward" rather than "paying back".
Uses of social networking sites
1) By scientists to share scientific information
2) By political activists as a flexible and very low-cost means of organizing campaigns and demonstrations
3)By business to create brand awareness, for public relations, for recruitment, to generate discussions between their customers on improving products
4) Teachers use it for setting work, tests and quizzes, helping students with homework, allowing parents to raise concerns ad ask questions.