Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of humanities
In Mesopotamia, cities have a specific lay-out, whilst the cities in this time have a free and different ways of building. The names of the cities in Mesopotamia were -
- Uruk, Nippur, Nineveh, Assur, Babylonia, Sumer and Assyrica.
In a city in Mesopotamia the lay-out usually has a temple in the middle, such as ..... Introduction 3500 B.C.E, a civilization was established called Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia was also called the Fertile Crescent and was also known as "the land between two rivers." the temple is in the center of town The difference between the Mesopotamia city lay-out and ours is that the Mesopotamia city must have a specific layout for each town and for example a city like New York or London they each have different ways of building there city. Houses in Mesopotamia are all identical and a temple is constructed in the center. In 3500 B.C.E. the first city states in Mesopotamia where the first cities and towns.
The city started to make red mud bricks to build houses in Mesopotamia, which are used in some countries today.
That was one of the biggest achievements developed in Mesopotamia. Theses red mud bricks are still used in places in the middle east such as Syria and Saudi Arabia.
People in Mesopotamia also used wood for materials and furniture. Wood was used for doors and windows in houses. Modern house Mesopotamia house There is a wall surrounding the cities in Mesopotamia to keep the area safe from enemies. Since the humidity was very high and chances of rain was only 2% in a year, people in slept on the top of their houses. Markets and shops where built in the corner of the city where two walls met. - 7000B.C.E - Farmers build
- 5000B.C.E - Farmers moved
- 3500B.C.E - Priesthood developed subariens
- 3000B.C.E - Sumerians reborn
- 2700B.C.E - Gilgamesh ruled the city of Uruk
- 2300B.C.E - Sargon conquered northen and southern mesoptamia
- 2000B.C.E - Elamite tribesmen from what is now iran
- 1750B.C.E - Hammurabi ruled babylon
- 1157B.C.E - First the hittites ten kassites conquered babylon
- 859B.C.E - Assyrian king build a palace in kalhu
- 605B.C.E - Nebuchadnezzar king build the tower of babel Citations Hentz-Humanities-Wiki - JKGM." Hentz-Humanities-Wiki - JKGM. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2013.
"Halloween Addict: Interview: Kenny from The Myers House North Carolina." Halloween Addict: Interview: Kenny from The Myers House North Carolina. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2013.
Dubai Architecture: New Buildings in the United Arab Emirates." Dubai Architecture: New Buildings in the United Arab Emirates. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2013.
"Mesopotamia - The British Museum." Mesopotamia - The British Museum. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2013.
"MESOPOTAMIAN SLIDE PRESENTATION." MESOPOTAMIAN SLIDE PRESENTATION. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2013.
"2011 Red Clay Brick Making Machine with Latest Hoffman Kiln ,mud Brick Equipment,building Material Machine." Www.alibaba.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2013. The end Conclusion Timeline Research Questions - What are the different cities in Mesopotamia?
- What type of materials were used in building the city state?
- What are the differences in the lay-out of cities in Mesopotamia and Now? Mesopotamia Modern day - All the cities state in Mesopotamia had walls for protection from other cities states
- The building materials were red mud bricks - we don't have walls to protect our cities. but each individual house have walls
- we have more building materials we can make bigger and stronger houses - we have temples that are dedicated to different gods - the mesopotamian temples are all dedicated to the same god