Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Новый процесс
The Case of Taraz School Teachers
Trends in assessment of education in Kazakhstan:
- Implementation of international indicators;
- Development of multi-level systems of standardization, certification and accreditation of educational institutions;
- Gradation of assessment;
- Introduction of criteria-based assessment approaches, critical thinking, assessing for deep understanding, etc.
The three main aspects of the rating activity of teachers:
1. How the goals of evaluation are defined (which is fundamental)?
Kazakhstan Training Program of the teachers of public schools at the Center of pedagogical excellence of AEO "Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools" with the assistance of scientists from the University of Cambridge (UK)
Analysis of lessons in schools of Kazakhstan
Observation of lessons in schools of Taraz city, Kazakhstan
Assessment of work and portfolio of teachers
Theoretical analysis works, questioning a group of teachers
Professor Talant Boleyev,
Dr Aidana Shilibekova,
Dr Dzhuldyz Uskenbayeva
Republic of Kazakhstan
Types of evaluation according to current theoretical studies (R.Berry, B.Adamson (2011), Moss, Connie M. Brookhart, Susan M. (2009), Group of Assessment in the UK(2008)):
- Formative assessment refers to assessments that provide information to students and teachers that is used to improve teaching and learning.
- Summative assessment refers to the cumulative assessments, . usually occurring at the end of a unit or topic coverage, that intend to capture what a student has learned, or the quality of the learning, and judge performance against some standards.
"I believe that the responsibility entirely is on the students. Understandable, because depending on the preparedness one will get appropriate grade. We generally try to teach in the same way, but the results are different, I think it depends on the abilities of students, and their desire to hard work"
(Mathematics teacher S.)
* * *
"only when faced and experienced by oneself the formative evaluation procedure, the teacher comes to a true understanding of assessment for learning when assessment grade is not a main purpose, but a driving mechanism for improving the quality of learning. In the perspective of future, our work will be a subsequent elaboration of procedures and criteria for formative evaluation, systematization and structuring of handling the effective material, search and adaptation of individual techniques of formative assessment"
(Mathematics teacher S.)
In this project assessment objectives (Handbook for Teacher, 2013):
1. Definition of learning difficulties;
2. Establishing feedback;
3. Formation and support of motivation;
4. Prediction of results and selection of students;
5. Monitoring and performance of standards;
6. Control of educational content and teaching style
In the observation of the assessment process of teachers in the classroom following the courses, we noted such actions as:
- A clear understanding and definition of the knowledge or quality, which is assessed;
- Detailed design of procedures and the composition of tasks;
- Preparation and justification of the matrix of evaluation criteria.
The certain stages of formative evaluation:
- First concerned the evaluation stages of the call;
- Second, designated formative assessment at the stage of conceptualization;
- Third, determined the stage of reflection.
A number of conclusions, optimizing this activity:
- Realization of all kinds, forms, as well as methods;
- Correlation and analysis of formative and summative assessment;
- The collegial nature of evaluation process;
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements for quality of assessment, preparedness and criterion validity, as well as monitoring;
- Implementation of a systematic search for new and improved assessment of used practices.
Thank you for your attention!
2. Does assessment acts as the method of teaching in their activities?
3. Who is responsible for the learning outcomes?