Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Canadian Forests
At the beginning of this semester...
"Humans take advantage of our world and demolish the very foundation of its sustainability."
How can this be proven?
There are laws and Acts in place to protect the environment
Understanding the Current Status and the Efforts of Forest Sustainability
4. Ninety thousand hectares only amounts to under ___ percent of land available for commercial forest activities.
2. Since Canada holds ten percent of the world’s forest cover; there are more than ___ million hectares of forest and other woodland in Canada alone.
3. Canada’s most popular method of harvesting is clear-cutting, but with all methods combined, Canadian’s harvest ___ thousand hectares every year.
1. Canada holds ___ percent of the world’s forest cover.
Canadian forests are not in as much danger as we are made to believe.
Canadian Forests employs nine hundred and twenty thousand people
Canada is a world leader in aggressively improving efforts of sustainable forest management
94% of Canada’s forests are owned by the Crown
Answer unanswered questions I have of Canadian Forests that I was unable to find through research
Consume an average of 2.3
million hectares a year
Mountain pine beetle
The Spruce bud-worm
Alters the chance of survival of trees
A love for the environment
A curiosity to know more
Prove to myself that research can change any assumptions
How to get involved
Listowel- Middle Maitland Rejuvenation Committee
Continue efforts to encourage myself and others to be environmentally friendly