Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Nine Who Dared
Transcript of The Nine Who Dared
WARRIORS DON'T CRY
Thursday, December 5th, 1957
Vol IX, No. 9
"Fabaus calls National Guard to Keep School Segregated Troops Take Over at Central High Negroes Told to Wait"
Cultural Deficit Theory
"You'll make this your last cry. You're a warrior on the battlefield of the Lord. God's warriors don't cry, 'cause they trust that he's always by their side. The women of this family don't break down in the face of trouble. We act with courage, and with God's help, we ship trouble right on out."
- Arkansas Gazette Tuesday, September 3, 1957
"The Nine Who Dared"
"Negro Girl is Suspended From School After Incident"
- Arkansas Gazette, Wednesday, December 18, 1957
CHS students attended meeting with parents on how to get students expelled
Melba's Mom is fired
Governor Fabaus closes schools for one year
"My Central High School experience also taught me that we are not separate. The effort to separate ourselves whether by race, creed, color, religion, or status is as costly to the separator as to those who would be separated."