Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Nervous System
Your nervous system directs your movements. It has two divisions that work together: the central nervous sysytem and the peripheral nervous system.
What is the Central Nervous System?
The central nervous system includes the brain and spinal cord and acts like a traffic cop. It controls the functions of the body.
What is the Peripheral System?
It includes all the nerves outside of the central nervous system, which are like the car drivers.
Your brain has about 100 billion neurons, all of which are
interneurons. Each of the neurons may receive up to 10,000 messages from other neurons and may send messages to about 1,000 more. Three layers of connective tissue under the skull cover the brain.
By: Kristen Swavely
Is the largest region of the brain. It is divided into right and keft half. The right half controls the left side of the body. The left half controls the right side of the body.
Thank You for Watching!