Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of MARS INC.
Why we choose Mars Inc?
3. The five Principles (Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom)
1. 1911, Frank C. Mars made the first Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen.
2. 1920s, Forrest E. Mars, Sr. joined his father in business and together they launched the MILKY WAY® bar.
3. 1935, Mars entered the pet care arena.
4. 1940, he founded the M&M’S® business in the United States.
5. 1943 he entered the food business.
6. In the late 1960s, he named the combined company Mars, Incorporated.
Careers and Value
- How they work? A unique business with a unique story
- World’s leading brands
- A business built of Principles
- More than a job. A mutually rewarding experience
Serving delicious drinks brewed fresh every time. Enjoy the convenient reliability of our simple, clean and consistent brewers.
2. The AOCC(African Orphan Crop Consortium) is an collaboration led by the New Partnership for Africa’s Development, the Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI), Life Technologies, the World Wildlife Fund and other organizations and companies, including Mars, Incorporated.
This organization made publically available so that scientists, plant breeders and farmers can more rapidly improve the nutrition of Africa’s children.
The consumer is our boss, quality is our work and value for money is our goal. Everybody has a voice...anybody can question the quality of any order. And the standard is very simple: put yourself in the position of the consumer, and if you wouldn’t be happy with what you’re going to give them, don’t give it to them.
We need freedom to shape our future; we need profit to remain free. The way we carry out our research is absolutely unique; it is what we call ‘Caring Science.’ In research, because there are so many unknowns, freedom is an absolute requirement.
We use resources to the full, waste nothing and do only what we can do best. Being able to act, to make lasting improvements, is a pleasure. It’s personally satisfying to know that I helped make things work better.
wOrld's leading brANDS
Our reach extends into more than 180 countries, from offices and factories in 364 locations around the world. You can build on those positions and make what you do mean more for yourself, for those around you and for the wider world we all live in. It’s why your time here can mean more than you ever imagined
The Five Principles. Everything begins with these. Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, Freedom. They’ have guided Mars journey for the last 100 years. And because Mars are privately owned, they can afford to make principles mean more than just words on the wall.
1. It is a famous brand that we all ever heard.
2. Many kinds of candy in Taiwan are from Mars.
M&M'S® just went through a merger with the chocolate bar and the result - a deliciously successful conglomerate. Now you can have your chocolate bar and eat your M&M'S® too! Creamy, smooth milk chocolate sprinkled with M&M'S® MINIS Milk Chocolate Candies creates an irresistible crunch that, well, raises the chocolate bar to an M&M'S® level
1. United Nations Women’s Empowerment Principles.
2. Mars, Incorporated And Partners Confirm That Genome Data Of Africa’s ‘Orphan Crops’ To Be Made Public
1. Developing local enterprises (such as animal rearing and crop production) which will help families meet their nutritional needs as well as increase the income of women who sell surplus production in local markets.
It is hugely exciting to realize that through the pursuit of fundamental science the AOCC is playing its role in fighting chronic hunger and malnutrition, and Mars is proud to be a part of this effort.”
A mutual benefit is a shared benefit; a shared benefit will endure. You help your customer; you customer helps you. These guys stayed with us (Mars) through that crisis, all of them, and we stayed with them.
As individuals, we demand total responsibility from ourselves; as Associates, we support the responsibilities of others. Howard Shapiro - We feel responsible if we’re going to start the industry here, and help it grow, we really needed to make sure that the best of the best methodologies are brought to form.
How they work?
At Mars, they deeply believe that everything they do can mean more. That’s why Mars' objective is to make a difference to people and the planet through performance. All companies are different. But they like to think they're a bit different than most. You see, as one of the leading privately-owned businesses in the world, Mars enjoy unusual levels of freedom when it comes to how they operate.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity they offer every one of their Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet.
At first we don’t even know what is the company manufactured. The only clue we have is the rank of this company. We are so surprised about after clicking in the web page and find out there are lots of candy and cookies we see daily everywhere.
After doing this project, we learn many things. Such as Prezi, team corporation, integrate with the data. Of course, we realize what is this company doing and their target in the future.
They are not only purpose on earning profits, but also do a lot of good works for the world. Just like the example of OB class, the corporation “Toms” also doing the same thing.
Story of Mars
Watch how Mars makes M&M's
A business built of Principles
More than a job. A mutually rewarding experience