Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Dominant discourses and deterritorialised narratives
Transcript of Dominant discourses and deterritorialised narratives
singular aetiological cause
Deterritorialised biomedical narrative
Reterritorialised biomedical narrative
Not all innovation
Pidoux wanted to enter nonspecific social and environmental variables into the etiological equation of tuberculosis.
Hermann Pidoux (1802-1882)
Mason, P.H., Oni, T., van Herpen, M.M.J.W., Coussens, A.K. (In press) TB Prevention must integrate technological and basic care innovation, European Respiratory Journal.
Bust of Robert Koch on the grounds of the National Lung Hospital 2013, photo by Greg Fox or Guy Marks -- I can't remember which one...
Source: Mason, P.H., Snow, K., Asugeni, R., Massey, P.D., Viney, K. (In press) Tuberculosis and Gender in the Asia-Pacific Region, Australian & New Zealand Journal of Public Health.
Paul Mason B.Biomed.Sci. Hons(Sci) Grad.Cert.Arts(Anth) Ph.D.
Centre for Values, Ethics and the Law in Medicine, University of Sydney
Department of Anthropology, Macquarie University
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney