Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Where the Broken Heart Still Beats
Transcript of Where the Broken Heart Still Beats
Block 4 Made: 03/11/2014
Setting- The story takes place in a camp in Texas.
White Family- Cynthia Ann (Naduah), Ben, Anna, Lucy, Topsannah (Prarrie Flower, Tecks Ann), Jedidiah (Jed), and grandfather.
Indian family- Peca Nocona, Quannah, Pecos, Topsannah, Calls louder, Walks all night, and Speckled Eagle.
The conflict in the story is that Cynthia Ann was once taken from her original family by the Indians. Twenty-five years later she was recaptured by the White men and taken back "home". Regardless of her Indian family they refused to let her go back.
By: Emily, Maggie, Maddy, and Brett
Cynthia Ann wants to go back to her Native People and leave her original family. Because her family won't let her go she ends up running away and hurting herself.
Cynthia Ann has to decide whether she should raise her baby White or Indian. She wants to raise her baby Indian because of her family there, but then wants to raise her baby White because she is losing hope of returning to her "new" Indian family.