Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Acting Fundamentals
Sanford Meisner says...
(noun) \bi-hā-vyr, bē-\
a : the manner of conducting oneself
b : anything that an organism does involving action
and response to stimulation
c : the response of an individual, group, or species to
a: archaic : fidelity, constancy
b : sincerity in action, character, and utterance
a (1) : the state of being the case : fact (2) : the body of real things, events, and facts : actuality (3) often capitalized : a transcendent fundamental or spiritual reality
Exercise #1 - Reaction Circle
1. Closely observe the person to your right, and
DO NOT take your eyes off him/her.
2. Do NOTHING.
3. If you observe the person to your right doing
anything, imitate and exaggerate it.
Exercise #2 - Stage Fright
Exercise #3 - Do Something
(while you still can)
“You gotta tell me what you’re doin’, because I don’t understand. Tell me, should I go to New York and study at the Actor’s Studio? Man, tell me what I should do.”
“Don’t go to New York and study. Don’t act. OK? Just, you know– do it. Don’t act it, don’t show it– just do it.”
"JUST DO IT!"
Continuity of Action
Importance of Specifics
What am I doing? Goal, objective
Why am I doing it? Motivation
How am I doing it? Tactics, intentions