Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Chapter III
-Gatsby threw elaborate parties.
-Nick hears that Gatsby graduated from Oxford & that he killed a man in cold blood.
-Jordan & Nick went to search for Gatsby.
-Ran into a middle aged man with owl-eyed glasses.
-They meet Gatsby.
-Nick describes his everyday life.
1. Omnibus pg. 39- comprising several items.
2. Cordials pg. 40- and alcoholic beverage.
3. Saunter pg. 43- walk in a slow, relaxed manner, without hurry or effort.
4. Cynical pg. 45- distrusting or disparaging the motives of others
5.Melancholy pg. 45- sober thoughtfulness; pensiveness.
-"Sorry you didn't win." That was for the golf tournament. She had lost in the finals the week before. (pg. 43-44)
-At her first big golf tournament there was a row that nicely reached the newspaper- a suggestion that she had moved her ball from a bad lie in the semi-final round. (pg. 57)
-She was incurably dishonest. (pg.58)
-Crystal & Ivan
"There was music from my neighbor's house through the summer nights. In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars." pg. 39
"The bar is in full swing, and floating rounds of cocktails permeate the garden outside, until the air is alive with chatter and laughter, and casual innuendo and introductions forgotten on the spot, and enthusiastic meetings between women who never knew each others names." pg. 40