Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Grand Lux Cafe
Transcript of Grand Lux Cafe
Target Market Segments
High End Moderate Price
Demographic – Wide variety of cultures and ages but recently toward a younger, more health conscious market
Thank you for your attention
Target Markets and Positioning
Marketing Mix Variables
Marketing Mix Variables
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Three Dudes and a Lady
Something for Everyone
Company Overview & Mission Statement
Is owned and operated by The Cheesecake Factory.
Designed by David Overton.
Grand Lux Cafe: 11
Mission: To create an environment where guest satisfaction is our highest priority
Darden Restaurant(Oliver Garden, Yard House)
BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
• Uses reputation from Cheesecake Factory to launch themselves into a strong position in the market
• Something for everyone. Expansive menu, affordable prices, large portions
• Unique in that it’s first location is on the LV Strip
Grand Lux Cafe
• Compared to Cheesecake Factory, avg check per person is 1-2 dollars more
• Sets themselves apart by having a vast, globally inspired menu
• Going to be toning down the concept to make it more similar to Cheesecake Factory
Huge Variety / Cuisines, Prices, Tastes
Traditional vs. Versions w/ a Twist
Takes some desserts from Cheesecake Factory but makes their own as well
Atmosphere draws inspiration from the old world cafes of Europe, which provides a feast for the eyes as much food does for the stomach.
Design of Grand Lux Cafe is meant to grab your attention and elevate your experience
• Avg check / person is $20.10, $19.60, $19.30 for GLC in 2013, 2012, and 2011 respectively
• TCF was $19.70, $19.30, $19.10, Maggiano’s - $26.72, BJ’s - $14
• Items range from $7.95 – $19.95 for breakfast, $4.95 – $31.95 for lunch/dinner
• Late night Menu features items from all times of the day
11 Locations Nationwide
They target restaurant destination in superb, prominent areas with adjusted blend of living arrangements tourism and organizations such as, shopping and amusement outlets.
They strive to guarantee that all their food suppliers have annual safety quality system audit. So they can provide the best products to meet the customer’s expectations.
Grand Lux Café utilizes internet and social media to spread their feature menu including nutritional information etc.
They do not advertise commercially over the television and media unless its for a newly opening.
Offer Gift Cards that can be purchased at Grand Lux locations as well as retailers.
They promote their special dishes on their Facebook page as well as doing cooking demonstrations at stores such as William Sonoma.
There are some promotions with other websites such as Expedia.
The concept of Grand Lux Cafe came about when David Overton, the man behind The Cheesecake Factory was approached by The Venetian to create a fine dining / casual concept.
Going off the Venetian theme, Overton studied the grand cafes of the "old world" to draw inspiration for the food, architecture, design, and decor which resulted in the restaurant chain we see today.
• Resources/Adaptability – Has the resources to adjust the concept of the restaurant if needed due to being under the Cheesecake Factory umbrella.
• Potentially appeals to a wide variety of customer segments
• Baked goods, for people to buy and take home represent an opportunity
• Cheesecake Factory / Location / Similar Concept
• Economic Factors / Ability to adapt to change in economic environment (closed down 3 properties)
• General Underperformance
• Not generating enough revenue / location selection
• Atmosphere can still be intimidating
• Downscaling Menu
Product Price Place Promotion
Product Price Place Promotion
BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. Annual Report 2013. (2013). BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. Retrived from: http://investors.bjsrestaurants.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=99411&p=irol-reportsAnnual
Brinker International Annual Report 2013. (2013). Brinker International. Retrieved from: http://www.brinker.com/company/annual_report.asp
Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) (n.d.). Wikinvest: Stock. Retrieved from: http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Cheesecake_Factory_(CAKE)
Does Grand Lux Café have a kids menu? (n.d.). Forbes Travel Guide. Retrieved June 20, 2014. Message posted to:
Gasparro, Annie. (2011). Cheesecake Factory to Take Grand Lux Down a Notch. Market Watch. Retrieved from:
Gill, Dee. (2013). What Is Cheesecake Factory Not Telling Us? Forbes. Retrieved from: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ycharts/2013/06/26/what-is-cheesecake-factory-not-telling-us/
Grand Lux Café. Grand Lux Café: About Us. Retrieved from: http://www.grandluxcafe.com/aboutus.htm
Grand Lux Café. Facebook. Accessed on Jun 19, 2014. Retrieved from: https://www.facebook.com/GrandLuxCafe
Grand Lux Café. Happy Hour Finder. Accessed on Jun 20, 2014. Retrieved from: http://thehappyhourfinder.com/us_tx/dallas/grand-lux-cafe/#.U7MHj41dWzf
Grand Lux Café, Take Out Menu. Accessed on Jul 7, 2014. Retrieved from: http://www.grandluxcafe.com/pdfs/GLC_NV_LV_PAL_0514_Takeout.pdf
Illia D. (2014). The cheesecake Factory: Too Sweet For The Competition? Gurufocus.com. Retrieved from:
Jennings, Lisa. (2013). The Cheesecake Factory: Sandy stunts 4Q sales. Nation’s Restaurant News. Retrieved from:
O’Reilly, Natalie. (2013). Cheesecake Factory Has a Bright Future. The Motley Fool. Retrieved from:
Peters, J. (2014) The Cheesecake Factory Reports Results for First Quarter of Fiscal 2014. The Cheesecakefactory quarterly Results. Retrieved from: http://investors.thecheesecakefactory.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=109258&p=irol-newsArticle&id=1921482
Spector, Amy. (2003). Grand Lux Café Guests Lap Up Luxury at The Cheesecake Factory’s Upscale Sister Brand. Nation’s Restaurant News, 37(19) pg. 42. Retrieved from http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/9810272/grand-lux-cafe-guests-lap-up-luxury-cheesecake-factorys-upscale-sister-brand
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated 2013 Annual Report. (2013). The Cheesecake Factory Inc. Retrieved from: http://investors.thecheesecakefactory.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=109258&p=irol-reportsAnnual
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated Form 10-K. (2014) United States Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission File Number 0-20574). Washington, D.C
Downsizing rather than downgrading
Change image to be more than a fancier cheesecake factory.