Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Section 1.1.3 Health Related components of fitness
Transcript of Section 1.1.3 Health Related components of fitness
5 components of Health-related fitness
1.To be able to define each of the 5 components of health related fitness
2.To describe how each component can impact upon performance
3.To identify sports where each component would be particularly useful.
CARDIOVASCULAR FITNESS (STAMINA)
" The ability to exercise the entire body for
long periods of time"
This describes the efficiency of the heart, lungs and blood vessels to deliver oxygen to the working muscles so that prolonged physical activity can take place.
A strong heart and blood vessels supply the muscles with as much oxygen as possible to help create energy for exercise.
It is the most important aspect of health related fitness
How would this component of fitness impact upon everyday life?
Which sports would good CV fitness be useful for and why?
" The amount of force a muse can exert
against a resistance"
Strength is the component that enables you to lift heavy
weights or exert a great force.
Can be developed by lifting heavy weight with few repetitions or high intensity strength work.
Strength is particularly important for weight lifters why?
Why is strength important for other sports including games
How can strength be altered using performance enhancing
" The ability to use the voluntary muscles many
times without getting tired"
Any activity that requires you to exercise for a long time requires good muscular endurance.
It is an essential part of many sport and can affect the athletes performance.
Dynamic weight lifting, press ups, and sit ups are all examples of how muscular endurance can be improved. When weight lifting it is important to lift lighter weights with more repetitions.
Why might good muscular endurance be useful for a tennis player?
How might good muscular endurance help you in everyday life?
" The range of movement possible
at a joint"
This is often neglected or seen as less important
in sports performance.
However it is essential for both daily life and sporting performance.
Gymnasts have to be flexible to be able to perform a wide range of movements but can you think of any games activities in which flexibility is important.
" The percentage of body weight that
is fat, muscle and bone"
Although this is influenced by genetics this component can be improved by exercise and diet.
What aspects of body composition are genetic?
What sports is body composition particularly
ONE MARK EXAM QUESTIONS
1) As a result of adopting an active lifestyle an individual may improve aspects of health related exercise. Which of the following is not an aspect of health related exercise:
d) Muscular Endurance
2) Which one of the following would be most important to a rower 8min into a 12min race?
3 or 4 MARK QUESTION
Identify three components of health related fitness that would be relevant to all the performers in figure 1.
(Total for question 3 = 3 marks)
2) Health-related exercise demands can vary within sporting activities. For a named sport of you choice identify a different situation or technique when the components listed below would be used in this activity
a) Muscular Strength
b) Muscular Endurance
(Total for question 5 = 3 marks)
6 MARK QUESTION
1) Discuss the relative importance of flexibility and muscular endurance for the performers competing in the types of activity shown in Figure 2.
(Total for question 16 = 6 marks)