Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
One-day strikes "small price to pay"
Transcript of One-day strikes "small price to pay"
Also with exams & tests coming up they won't be able to get extra-curricular help academically! In addition because of Bill 115 students no longer have sports teams, field trips, clubs and for High School Seniors even Prom! But Bill 115 isn't only affecting students, its also affecting teachers, parents & schools, because teachers have lost their right to strike & they now have freezing wages & Parents now have to learn that their children won't be able to do extra-curricular activities that could affect their education!
Reflection I chose this article because, I felt that I could connect to it, also this article caught my attention and curiosity of what different opinions this article could create.
For example; many have reacted by being "shocked" or "furious" but Dalton McGuinity said "This one-day strike is a small price a pay" creating different opinions as to feeling "furious" & as to taking Bill 115 as a life lesson. On December,11,2012 many Secondary students from Earl Haig High School all gathered for a one-day strike with
t-shirts & picket signs saying "KILL BILL 115!" Opinion In my opinion, I feel that Bill 115 has & will continue to affect many in different ways causing them to react differently, but even though it has affected many I feel that Bill 115 will give others an opportunity to appreciate more of what we have then what we don't have & to think before we act! Questions! 1. Who do you think is the most affected by Bill 115 & Why?
2. Put yourself in a teachers perspective, How you would feel if you weren't able to give the basic needs to students?
3. What do you think will happen overtime if Bill 115 continues? "This one-day strike is a small price to pay"