Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Titanic vs. Romeo and Juliet
Transcript of Titanic vs. Romeo and Juliet
- Romeo and Juliet were kept apart by their families. However, they were of the same social class and status. They believed that they could heal the hate between their parents through their romantic love.
- However, this kind of hate between families is not that common and not very relatable, especially since the reason for the feud is not given.
-Jack and Rose could not be together because they came from very different social classes. She would never be able to marry a lower-class man.
Juliet and Paris
-Paris is not that bad. He loved Juliet and cared about her.
Rose and Caledon
- Rose was to marry Caledon (Cal), who was aggressive and abusive.
Romeo Murders Tybalt
-Romeo kills Tybalt as an impulsive act of revenge. This is his decision and he is fully responsible.
-This makes Romeo and Juliet's happy ending less probable.
Jack framed for Theft
-Jack is framed by Cal for the theft of Rose's diamond necklace, which was given to her by Cal. He does this because he finds Jack's nude drawing of Rose. He is only partially responsible for this.
-This makes Rose and Jack's happy ending less probable.
- Romeo and Juliet's suicides occured because Romeo thought Juliet was dead. This is a misunderstanding that could have been prevented by some logical thinking on a few character's parts.
-Jack was killed by the Titanic sinking, something that was unpreventable. He was third class and male, so he would have likely died if he was a real person on the Titanic.
-It is easy to be sad about Jack's death because so many people died in the same way during the sinking of the Titanic
-Rose's family had lost their money so she had to marry a rich man.
Deaths Could Have Been Prevented
Rose and Jack's situation was much more realistic and believable.
Romeo and Juliet
is a very dramatic stage play, but in movie format, the situation seems very ridiculous.