Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Integer Addition
To add integers
There are some rules
that I have learned that
I want to share with you.
So follow along, please.
When adding integers
if they have the SAME SIGNs...
ADD the numbers together and KEEP the sign. For Example:
2 + 5 = 7
Simple I know.
This of course makes
sense, ADD 5 + 2 = 7
And KEEP the Positive. Or for Example:
-2 + (-5) = -7
Remember...The rule says if the signs are the SAME, "ADD and KEEP".
So ADD 2 + 5 = 7, and then KEEP the negative sign to make it -7. Okay, So you want some
video. Here you go. Rule 2:
When adding integers DIFFERENTS SIGNS...
SUBTRACT the numbers and KEEP the sign of the larger "number". For Example:
7 + (-10) = -3
So if there are DIFFERENT SIGNS....
SUBTRACT the numbers 10 - 7 = 3,
then KEEP the sign of the larger "Number"
So we KEEP the NEGATIVE sign to get -3
Now its time to get in some practice! Adding Integers 10 > 7 Now Let's Hear a BULLDOG VERSION!!! SAME signs ADD and KEEP
DIFFERENT signs SUBTRACT
KEEP the sign of the HIGHER NUMBER,
Then it'll be EXACT