Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ta Moko - The Art of Female Tattoo in Te Ao Tawhito
Transcript of Ta Moko - The Art of Female Tattoo in Te Ao Tawhito
unique to the wearer Elsdon Best & Percy Smith Ngahuia Te Awekotuku Dame Anne Salmond European Male Perspective
Closest to pre-contact
Product of time & environment
Manuscripts translated from māori into english
Technique & Processes Māori Female Perspective
Narration directly from māori sources
Focus on empowerment of identity restrictions & tikanga techniques, processes, design elements Mana Wahine within the context of Tā Moko what defines the mana of wahine moko kauae? And does this transcend time?