Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Personal Mandala art lesson
Transcript of Personal Mandala art lesson
They are often used in Buddhist and Hindu practices.
what does the word mandala actually mean? The word mandala is derived from the root manda, which means essence, to which the suffix la, meaning container, has been added. (what?) basically the word mandala means a container of essence Where does the mandala start? A mandala starts in the center and the energy ematinates outward. ..like ripples in a pond. oh yeah.. these are made using sand. The monks begin by planning the design and marking the surface. Before a monk is able to work on constructing a mandala he must undergo a long period of technical artistic training and memorization. He must know how to draw all the various symbols and know their meaning. At the Dalai lama’s monastery, this training takes three years. Each monk takes a section and begins working. And keeps working.. ..until it is finished.