Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
-Encouraging or forcing a child to masturbate.
-Exposing a child to pornography and/or exploiting the child to pornography.
-"Flashing" a child.
-Luring the child online for a sexual encounter.
- Touching the child's genital areas.
-Forcing or encouraging a child to touch another person's genital areas.
- Vaginal or anal intercourse.
- Forcing or encouraging the child to let them put an object or finger into their genitals. -Unexplained burns, cuts, bruises or welts in the shape of an object.
-Sudden changes in school performance.
- Fear of adults.
-Lack of concentration.
- Lack of adult supervision.
- Unsuitable clothing for the weather.
-Dirty or not bathed.
- Always hungry.
-Trouble sleeping (example: waking up in between hours of sleep and nightmares).
-Trouble with school (example: not wanting to go to school, paying poor attention, low grades).
- Trouble getting along with people (example: friends or siblings).
- Not interested in usual activities.
- Problem behaving/following rules.
-Anxiety and sadness.
- Post traumatic Stress Symptoms. Consequences of Child Abuse can be long term and short term. Most of the consequences effect the child emotionally more than physically throughout their childhood and often as they grow older, even as adults. Child Abuse can effect how a child treats themselves and/or others. Consequences caused by Child Abuse:
- Problems with Alcohol and/or drugs.
- Sleep issues.
- Eating Disorders.
- Problems keeping relationships (examples: trusting again, could end up in abusive relationships, "re-enacting the past". PTSD is triggered by Child Abuse. It causes one to constantly criticize themselves and they rarely allow themselves to feel loved or wanted. PTSD causes one to feel guilty and feel that they "deserve" what they got. Females are much more likely to develop PTSD than males. If someone is constantly criticizing themselves and putting themselves down it may be a factor that they have developed or may develop PTSD. . - Therapy can do wonders people who have experienced neglection and trauma from child abuse.
-Children that have gone through abuse can attend theoretical orientations that help them deal with normal child development, effect of attachment and loss on a child and impact on normal and abnormal life experiences.
-Counselling can do a lot in the sense of the childs recovery and it also can provide a private plac for the child to speak without any hesitation.
-Enrolling the children in school or homeschool will also give them a sense of belonging again. Do:
- show love
- give child sense of belonging
- be supportive of the child
- confront the chlid or talk to the child about their abuse.
- force the child to do things that they do not please
- point out scars or bruises or anything that reminds them about their abuse There are many services now in the advanced world than before. There are many services catered to everyones needs. Some places include:
- The National Child Abuse Hotline (800- 422- 4453)
-Childhelp Hotline 1 800- 4- A- Child
More local ones include:
- Police Sation near you.
- Anyone you trust that can assure your safety. Emotional Abuse Yelling or criticizing so far that their self esteem is hurt. Screaming at the child violently enough to cause them to feel bad about themselves and/or cause harm to themselves because of the emotional trauma. Types of Abuse youtube video Who is ready to play
BINGO Now that we have informed you all about child abuse, we are going to ask you questions and whoever can answer the question will receive a "sweet" prize! Now that we have informed you all about child abuse, we are going to ask you questions and whoever can answer the question will receive a "sweet" prize!