Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Critical Analysis: The Scream
Transcript of Critical Analysis: The Scream
1. How has the artist used color?
2. How is movement being used?
3. How is emphasis important to this painting? Multiple versions of The Scream exist: Tempera on cardboard, 1893 Lithograph, 1895 Tempera on cardboard, 1910 Pastel on cardboard, 1895 Interpret 1. How does looking at this painting make you feel?
2. What do you believe was the artist's intent behind the creation of this artwork?
Munch had a variety of psychological problems and led a very difficult life, including the death of his mother and sister as a young boy. Mental illness ran in his family. Evaluate Do you believe this artwork is successful? Why or why not? 22 January 1892 "One evening I was walking along a path, the city was on one side and the fjord below. I felt tired and ill. I stopped and looked out over the fjord—the sun was setting, and the clouds turning blood red. I sensed a scream passing through nature; it seemed to me that I heard the scream. I painted this picture, painted the clouds as actual blood. The color shrieked. This became The Scream."