Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Interpreting Environmental Images
Transcript of Interpreting Environmental Images
1. What is it an image of?
2. Why was the image taken (what is its purpose)?
3. How does it make you feel (what is its emotional impact)?
4. Is it successful in achieving its goal?
Remember: an image is not neutral - while it shows a certain event, person or place, it only shows us that subject through the eyes of the photographer. We only see what the photographer wants us to see. What do you think when you see this image? For many people this image showed an act of brutality. A Vietnamese policeman is shooting an unarmed, handcuffed man at point blank range. What we don't see in the picture is that the man was a member of the Vietcong, had killed dozens of others earlier that day including the policeman's family. How do you now feel about the image? Has your opinion changed? Earth Rise Marine Environments Look at the image and analyse using questions discussed earlier. Deforestation Look at the image and analyse it using the questions mentioned earlier Animals affected by Damaged Environment Look at the picture and analyse it using the questions outlined earlier. Look at the image below and analyse it using the four questions outlined earlier. Questions 1. Why do you think images have played such a large role in the environmental movement?
2. What images do you believe would have been the most influential in shaping how you feel about the environmental movement? Justify
3. Think of what still needs to be done in the environmental movement. Describe a picture you believe could draw attention to that. Climate Change Look at the image and analyse it using the four questions outlined above.