Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BIO12 - Nervous System - Action Potential
Transcript of BIO12 - Nervous System - Action Potential
2. K gates OPEN
3. Na /K pump activates and Na gates CLOSE and K gates CLOSE + + + + + + Na rushes INTO axon K rushes OUT of axon re-establishes Resting Potential RESTING POTENTIAL Na GATES OPEN K GATES OPEN REFRACTION PERIOD ...and this all ends in the REFRACTORY PERIOD - after the firing of an ACTION POTENTIAL, the ions need to be returned to their starting position - this is done by the Na/K Pump - this helps the ACTION POTENTIAL to always flow FORWARD - when the ions are not in their RESTING POTENTIAL position, no AP can happen - the time it takes for the ions to RESET is the REFRACTORY PERIOD NO ACTION POTENTIAL CAN FIRE!