Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Prescription Drug Costs
Transcript of Prescription Drug Costs
$1,700,000,000 US Dollars What is a prescription drug? Why are Costs so high?
Only 1 in 5 drugs developed will
ever be approved by the FDA Patent protects rights to a drug for 20 years What does this mean? 90% of seniors citizens and 58% of people over 18
use prescription drugs on at least a monthly basis How high are prescription drug costs? So what are drug companies' profits? Drug Costs per Year
How big is this problem? How can prescription drugs be paid for? Private insurance and Government programs What is wrong with all of this? People can not afford
the medicine to keep them alive.