Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
HLM ISO 14001 Presentation
Transcript of HLM ISO 14001 Presentation
regulatory requirements achieve continual
improvement of our
environmental performance how do we do that? ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 are among ISO's most well known standards ever.
They are implemented by some 887 770 organizations in 161 countries.
ISO 14001 helps organizations to implement environmental management. International Organization
for Standardization QEMS
COMMITEE • Environmental Aspects and Impacts
• Objectives and Targets
• Operational Control • Roles and Responsibilities
• QEMS Document Control
• Emergency Response and Preparedness • Measurement and Monitoring
• QEMS Nonconformance and Corrective Action
• Corrective and Preventive Action for Compliance
• QEMS Audits
• Administration Review SSG [impact] Any change to the environment, whether adverse or beneficial, wholly or partly resulting from an organization’s environmental aspects. [impact on the environment] An Environmental Aspect is an element of an organization's activities, products or services that can interact with the environment. [aspects] [environmental aspects] who is involved ? how do we measure our environmental performance ? [direct] [indirect] SHAREPOINT Certified !!! [OFFICE ACTIVITIES] CONTROL [LIGHTING] [OFFICE EQUIPMENT] [SMALL POWER] [HEATING AND COOLING] [OFFICE SUPPLY] Unplug when not in use
Unplug chargers (e.g. mobile phone charger) and power supplies when not charging
Fill the kettle with the appropriate quantity of water Ensure that windows are shut at night during winter
Reduce the setting of the thermostat by 1oC in winter
Increase the setting of the chilling thermostat by 1oC in summer
Turn off the humidity control if this is not necessary
Use any shading devices installed on windows instead of turning the air conditioning on Switching off the lights in a cellular office at lunchtime
Switching off the lights overnight in an empty meeting room throughout the year could save 440kg CO2 Switch off computers at night and during the holidays
Switch off monitors at night and during the holidays
Activate sleep settings on computers
Activate sleep settings on monitors (avoid graphical screen settings
Switch off photocopiers at night and over weekends Recycling paper; recycling 1 tonne of paper is equivalent to providing heat and hot water for a home for a year
Choosing environmentally responsible suppliers of stationary and food products (i.e. ISO14001 accredited, fair trade products, check transport miles) [TRAVEL BY STAFF] Reduce reliance on the car through the reduction in the length and number of motorised journeys.
Promote the use of alternative means of travel which are more sustainable and environmentally friendly.
Reduce emissions and encourage the use of public transport
Encourage work practices which reduce the need to travel. Reuse Reduce Recycle [WASTE AND RECYCLING] [AIR EMISSIONS] [WASTE MANAGEMENT] [PROJECT WORK] [POLLUTION] [FLORA AND FAUNA] INFLUENCE where can we find the relative documents ? Q & A [COMMUNITY IMPACT] [ENERGY CONSUMPTION]