Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
J. Cherrelle Leslie
Transcript of J. Cherrelle Leslie
Available to Relocate Nationwide
J. Cherrelle Leslie, MSTL
My past professional experience has given me the capability to be innovative, adaptable, competitive, and coachable. I am a strong transformative ethical leader who focuses on the betterment of the person, the team, and the company as a whole.
Who is J.Cherrelle?
Master's of Science, Transformative Leadership
Awarded: May 2015
This program has enhanced my leadership skills in the workplace while equipping me with an ethical foundation in civic participation to become a better transformational leader.
Graduate Assistant to the Office of Athletics Compliance
"How can one lead others if they do not know who they are?"
"Leadership is about dealing with change. Leaders create a direction by developing a vision of the future; then they align people parallel to this vision by inspiration and motivation.
Goal - To develop leaders"
Clayton State University
Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing
This Marketing program described the main concepts of marketing and the important role that Marketing plays in business and society, basic selling techniques,understand marketing research process and the importance of marketing research for companies, and taught the importance of the marketing mix, market segmentation, and target marketing for a company.
Associate of Science, Business Administration
J. Cherrelle's Bio
Janetha Cherrelle Leslie is in her first year serving as the Assistant Director of Compliance at Alabama A&M University.
Prior to coming to AAMU, she spent a stint at Savannah State University is the Athletic Compliance Coordinator and two years at Bethune-Cookman University as a Graduate Assistant to the Office of Athletic Compliance.
Hired at B-CU in 2013, Leslie served as the admission liaison and compliance liaison for four sports (volleyball, women’s basketball, and men’s and women’s cross country/track). She also served as the editor of “Word on Street”, a bi-monthly newsletter that serves to inform coaches and staff of new legislation(s) and bylaw interpretations from the NCAA. In addition to her day-to-day duties associated with the Office of Compliance, Leslie also assisted with game day operations for football, basketball and baseball.
Cherrelle played a vital role in ensuring that our coaches, staff and student-athletes are maintaining the highest level of compliance during their tenure here at Bethune-Cookman University,” stated Reginald Thomas, B-CU Asst. Athletic Director of Compliance.
While at Bethune-Cookman, Leslie earned a Master of Transformative Leadership from B-CU in 2015.
Leslie, a 2009 graduate of Clayton State University, earned her Bachelors of Business Administration in Marketing. Prior to receiving her undergraduate degree, she attended Gordon College (2005-08), receiving her Associate of Science degree in Business Administration.
A native of Hogansville, Ga., Leslie later moved to Palmetto, Ga., where she attended Creekside High School, finishing in 2005 as a four-year starter on the softball team.
• Coordinated and manage the office filing system
• Assisted with monitoring recruiting activities and initial eligibility of student-athletes
• Scholarship management
• Performed audits of compliance records as needed
•Developed a continuing rules education program to ensure student-athletes, coaches, administrators, and staff are knowledgeable and continually updated on NCAA, MEAC, and university policy and procedures
•Performed extensive research and analysis to provide rule interpretations of NCAA legislation and MEAC rules as appropriate
•Conducted an annual compliance orientation session with all incoming and returning student-athletes
•Organized resident activities & publish a monthly newsletter for residents
•Renewal Specialist – focusing on working with residents to increase rents to market rates
•Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Property – OneSite & Yardi
• Marketed daily on social cites to increase occupancy at a 989 unit apartment community
• Assisted in achieving and maintaining 90% occupancy
Landmark at Mountain View Apartments | Stone Mountain GA | 12/2011-06/2012
HOV Services | Newnan GA | 03/2010 - 06/2011
•Keyed health insurance claims using the data capture program Firefly
•Maintained standards of the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act
•Maintained an average of 7,000 keystrokes per hour
Exel Logistics Proctor and Gamble | Fairburn GA | 05/2007-12/2007
•Filed signed bill of ladings according to date and transporting company
•Checked shipments out by verifying truck drivers' identification and certifications
•Provided warehouse employees with packing slips and labels for product that was to be shipped
J. Cherrelle Leslie, MSTL
"Word on the Street" is a bi-weekly Compliance related newsletter.
Athletics Compliance Coordinator / Game Day Operations
Bethune-Cookman University | Daytona Beach FL | 08/2013-05/2015
Ivy Park Apartment Homes | Atlanta GA | 06/2012 - 10/2012
Savannah State University | Savannah GA | 07/2015 - 03/2016
• Coordinated, managed, and audited the office filing system
• Completed NCAA Squad lists prior to first competitions
• Monitored recruiting activities and initial eligibility of student-athletes
• Monitored social media for NCAA Compliance. Monitor the NCAA legislative database for rules interpretations
• Managed eligibility certification of all student-athletes to practice, completed and received athletically related financial aid based on NCAA, Mid-Eastern Athletic Confrence (MEAC), and University regulations
• Produced and distribute compliance newsletter for the Intercollegiate Athletic Department.
• Developed a continuing rules education program to ensure student-athletes, coaches, administrators, and staff are knowledgeable and continually updated on NCAA, MEAC, and university policy and procedures
• Performed extensive research and analysis to provide rule interpretations of NCAA legislation and MEAC rules as appropriate
• Conducted an annual compliance orientation session with all incoming and returning student-athletes
"Tiger Illustrated" is a monthly Compliance related newsletter
Assistant Director of Compliance (Athletics) - Office of the President
Alabama A&M University | Normal, AL | 03/2016 - Current
Educates, monitors, and enforces NCAA and Southwestern Althletic Confrence (SWAC) rules and regulations.
Monitors and reviews NCAA, SWAC, and institutional paperwork in terms of student-athlete initial eligibility and certification.
Initiates NCAA certification process for student-athletes.
Conducts NCAA Rules Education Program.
Reviews and determines status of students-athletes in regards to financial aid, amateurism, recruitment, eligibility, and certification.
Monitors squad lists, athletic scholarships limits, student-athlete employment, recruiting, camps and clinics, countable activity logs, declaration of seasons, and participation reports.
Reviews documentation related to practice and playing season for each sport.
Effectively creates and implement new policies and procedures for NCAA Data Review.
Committee member of the Alabama Athlete Agent Commission (reports to the Secretary of State)
Committee member of AAMU's Athletic Advisory Committee