Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Monday, October 31st
Transcript of Monday, October 31st
A life lesson or message from the author of a text
A complete sentence (not just one word, like "love")
General statement about life- no characters' names
Must be inferred by the reader
Identifying the Central Idea
Copy down the Lesson EQ: How do we determine central idea in a text?
Respond to the following in your notes:
Think of one of your favorite Disney movies (Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Nemo, etc.)
What lesson can you learn from watching that movie?
Wednesday, November 1st
Identifying Central Idea
stop and jot
What is the central idea of a text?
Brainstorm topics present in the text, such as:
Based on the text, choose one of the topics to turn into a statement.
Money is useless without friends.
Love means nothing without trust.
**You do not have to agree with the central idea of a text
What topics are present in Malala's story?
What lesson or central idea can you take away from her story?