Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of hospital
Septicemia is systemic disease associated with the presence of pathogenic microorganisms or their toxins in the blood.
It is potentially life threatening infection can spread from an infection in any part of the body.
The primary site of infection may occur in the respiratory system, skin, gastrointestinal system
or genitourinary system.
It may coincide with very aggressive infections such as meningitis. Symptoms Chills (petechiae) Introduction Diagnosis
- Arterial Blood Gas:
- Kidney Function Tests:
BUN and creatinine levels .
- Complete Blood Count (CBC):
* Platelet counts .
* White blood cell count . or
* Immature white blood cells may also be present.
- Clotting studies:
* PT - PTT .
* Fibrinogen levels.
- Lactate (Lactic Acid):
Lactate levels . Microbiology Gram stain Culture Identification S.aureus klebsiella * Culture : Treatment Most cases of septicemia need to be treated in hospital .You may be given:
- Oxygen therapy.
- Plasma or other blood products.
* S.aureus :
- not resistant Antibiotics : Prevention - Treating wounds .
- Treating infection .
- vaccine for children . * As septicemia is the life threatening infection, we should be aware of simple infections which leads to serious infection.
* By observing symptoms one can take care of infections at the initial stage.
* To avoid septicemia, people should be educated and not neglect the preventive measures of infection. conclusion Any Question
? Thank you By : Asma Naif Alosaimi
Ebtesam Abu Alqassem Oxacillin - Cefoxitin - resistant (MRSA) Vancomycin - Gentamycin -
Erythromycin * Gram stain : Blood - Urine - CSF * Klebsiella : Amikacin - Colistin - Impenem