Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
10 Mistakes Hostage & Crisis Negotiators Have Made & How You Can Avoid Them (Preview)
Transcript of 10 Mistakes Hostage & Crisis Negotiators Have Made & How You Can Avoid Them (Preview)
10 Mistakes Hostage/Crisis
Negotiators Have Made
Use of Skills
& How You Can Avoid Them
Jeff Thompson | Research Fellow
Columbia University Law School
TPI* can derail
"at the table"
are helping - NOT
Not allowing the
subject to speak
Looking for a resolution too soon
"Time is a negotiators greatest ally."
Affective & Effective
Review active listening skills
Identify frame, responding accordingly
Here's what you do...
right offer at the wrong time...
*Third Party Intermediary
This is just a preview,
for the full presentation,
contact Jeff Thompson at