Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
10 Mistakes Hostage & Crisis Negotiators Have Made & How You Can Avoid Them (Preview)
Transcript of 10 Mistakes Hostage & Crisis Negotiators Have Made & How You Can Avoid Them (Preview)
10 Mistakes Hostage/Crisis
Negotiators Have Made
Use of Skills
& How You Can Avoid Them
Jeff Thompson | Research Fellow
Columbia University Law School
TPI* can derail
"at the table"
are helping - NOT
Not allowing the
subject to speak
Looking for a resolution too soon
"Time is a negotiators greatest ally."
Affective & Effective
Review active listening skills
Identify frame, responding accordingly
Here's what you do...
right offer at the wrong time...
*Third Party Intermediary
This is just a preview,
for the full presentation,
contact Jeff Thompson at