Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Aristotle's Rhetorical Triangle
Transcript of Copy of Aristotle's Rhetorical Triangle
How can I find the best logic to state my case?
How can I appeal to the reader's values? emotions?
It is incredibly important to know
your audience when you make
Otherwise, the effect may be lost
We see examples of Pathos every day on television.
How can you, as authors, build this trust
in your readers?
And all of the materials and techniques used to make it...
What seems like a logical argument might not be very sound...
Am I knowledgeable? Do I communicate well? How can I present myself as credible? Worthy of listening to? Somebody to dance with?
appeals to authorities
distinguish fact from opinion
sources my audience will trust
typical - not extreme - examples
(Construct Rhetorical Techniques Based on Audience & Purpose)
Common Core ELA Standards>>Writing>>Grades 11-12
1. Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence