Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Stereotypes
What are stereotypes?
Where are they found?
How do they affect you?
How do they affect society?
Is there room for improvement?
A fixed, over generalized belief or a defined set of characteristics attributed to:
Are They Affecting You?
Refers to being at risk of confirming, as self-characteristic, a negative stereotype about one's group
Deconstruct, Discuss & Educate
Ways to Improve
2. MAKE A CONSCIENCE EFFORT TO DISASSOCIATE YOURSELF FROM STEREOTYPES
3. VOCALIZE CHANGE
4. EDUCATE OTHERS
Checking for Understanding:
1. What are stereotypes?
2. Name one way they can affect you or the people around you.
3. How are stereotypes maintained?
4. What can be done or changed to stop the continuation of stereotypes?
Region of Residence
Stereotypes are found all throughout society. Commonly, they are spread through the use of media but can also be overheard in conversations.
Leads to decreased performance and failure
Encourages you to succeed
How do They Affect Society
Can help you recognize and categorize situations
Make us ignore differences
Conspire (false) opinions and judgement
Lead to assumptions
Misinform us about the world
Leave the impression the we are ignorant
* FIND ALTERNATIVES
* CHALLENGE ASSUMPTIONS