Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Stateless vs Stateful
Transcript of Stateless vs Stateful
Each interaction is handled based on the information available for that interaction Examples:
Internet Protocol (IP)
Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Advantages:
Reduces memory usage
Reduces session expiration issues Disadvantages:
Harder to maintain user interaction and create a seamless web application.
May require extra information to be sent to and from a client. STATEFUL Opposite to stateless
Keeps track of the state of interaction Example:
State is sent and returned in HTTP headers. Allows data (User information, search criteria) to be maintained between web requests. Advantages:
Keep track of a user throughout a web application/site
More intuitive - Entity data can be maintained on the server between requests.
Can sometimes improve performance when retrieval of data is only required once. Disadvantages:
Requires memory to be allocated to store the data.
Can lead to a performance decrease if session storage is not maintained efficiently.