Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Learning Environment
Transcript of The Learning Environment
The learning environment consists of PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT as well as PSYCHOLOGICAL ATMOSPHERE or the socio-emotional eliminate which is mainly a product of the interaction and relationship between teacher and students and among the students.
10. In which people feel they are respected
- Everyone is convinced of the inner worth/dignity of each individual and so it is easy to respect everyone.
Pine and Horne (1990)
Describe a facilitative learning environment for learning . It is one :
4.In which differences is good and desirable
- There is respect for diversity. To be different does not mean to be deficient.
7. In which evaluation is a cooperative process with emphasis on self-evaluation
- This makes evaluation less threatening.The learner is not alone when he evaluates learning, he is with a group. His/her progress is seen against his/her targets not against the performance of his/her classmates.
The Learning Environment
''To heredity, the child owes his possibilities. However, to environment, he owes the realization of these possibilities.''
the physical condition of the classroom
the arrangement of furniture
the classroom temperature and lightning
-researchers agree that in addition to conductive physical environment, the favorable school climate includes :
e.g. rules and norms; physical safety; social-emotional safety);
3. TEACHING AND LEARNING
e.g. social, emotional, ethical and civic learning; support for learning; professional relationship
1. Which encourages people to be active
- A psychological classroom environment which is supportive of learning engages the learners in the learning process
2. Which promotes and facilitates the individual's discovery of the personal meaning of idea
-meaning is not imposed by teacher. This is personally arrived at by the learners considering the uniqueness of their experiences.
3. Which emphasizes the uniquely personal and subjective nature of learning
-Every learner is unique.
5. Which consistently recognizes people's right to make mistakes
-Learners feel at ease and learn best when mistakes are welcome because they are recognized as part of the learning process.
6. which tolerates ambiguity
(ambiguity: uncertainty or inexactness of meaning in language.)
-This leads to openness to ideas and prevents teachers and learners alike to be judgemental.
We enjoy learning in a :
We can't learn in :
e.g. respect for diversity; school connectedness/engagement; social support- adults; social support- students; leadership; and
8. Which encourages openness of self rather than concealment of self
- People feel at ease and so aren't afraid to be transparent.
9. In which people are encouraged to trust in themselves as well as in external resources.
- There is a strong social support and it is not difficult to trust others.
12. Which permits confrontation
- Since learners feel at ease and feel they are accepted, they are not afraid to confront themselves.
11. In which people feel they are accepted
- There is a sense of belongingness.
13. A conductive learning environment is necessary in the full development of the cognitive and appetitive faculties of the learner
- his senses, instincts, imagination, memory, feelings, emotions and will.