Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
****The Stroop Effect****Men vs. Women****
Transcript of ****The Stroop Effect****Men vs. Women****
Men vs. Women
The effect is named after John Ridley Stroop ,who first recorded the effect in 1935.
In his experiments, J. R. Stroop administered several variations of the same test for which three different kinds of stimuli were created.
In psychology, the Stroop effect is a demonstration of the reaction time of a task on the brain.
Test Yourself: Stroop Effect
The first purpose of this experiment was to determine whether for men and women, a word’s color would be harder to state when the color of the ink does not match the word.
The second purpose of this experiment was to see if men would have more difficulty identifying the color of the ink with a different word than women.
INDEX CARDS(PUT IN 4 TESTS)
TEST 1 : BLACK STIMULI
TEST 2 : MATCHED STIMULI
TEST 3 :MIS-MATCHED STIMULI
TEST 4 :UNRELATED WORDS STIMULI
20 VOLUNTEERS(10 MEN : 10 WOMEN)
My hypothesis is that for men and women, a word’s printed color would be harder to state when the color of the ink does not match the word. I further believe that men will have a more difficult time than women.
1) Make 4 stimuli tests on index cards.
2) Set up a desk with the test cards in four stacks.
3) Seat volunteer in chair on other side of table.
4) Starting with first set of cards, conduct each
test by flashing each card and waiting for appropriate response.
5) After each test, the time is recorded.
6) Calculate the average time for each volunteer.
7) Calculate the time difference between men and women.
8) Make tables to illustrate results.
“ Can you pat your head with one hand while you rub your stomach with the other? This experiment is kind of like that, but it can actually give you some insight into how your mind works. The task is to name colors. It sounds simple enough, but see what happens when color words get in the way. “
According to my experiment, women average better than men on this brain stimuli test.
Women have a better understanding of separating the color of the word from the actual
word. Men on the other hand take a little more time to understand this logic.
My hypothesis was that for men and women, a word’s printed color would be harder to state when the color of the ink does not match the word. I further believe that men will have a more difficult time than women. My results do support my hypothesis. My project was an interesting project to create. My friends an family , as well as me, who helped me, learn how are brains work. With my family and friends it became a competition between men and women. With that idea I decided to change my previous topic to “who will have more difficulty, men or women?”.