Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Farm and the American Dream
Transcript of The Farm and the American Dream
Maintains George and Lennie’s friendship
Represents the independence and freedom that George and Lennie desire
Relates to theme of the American dream; “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”
Although the dream was real in their imagination, their circumstances made the dream nothing more than an illusion
and a trap
Steinbeck wants to say that even though dreams can fail, they’re
still important and give meaning to peoples' lives
The farm represents a paradise for the men which is an escape from their misery
Lennie was obsessed with the rabbits that would be on the farm, and these rabbits represented the hope and pure innocence in Lennie.