Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cry , The Beloved Country.
Transcript of Cry , The Beloved Country.
It is from the Reverend Theophilus Msimangu, who writes that Gertrude (his sister) is very sick. He assures Kumalo that he will find him a place to stay in Johannesburg, and urges him to come. Finally, they decide that they will use the money they were saving to send Absalom to school for the trip instead. He waits for a train with a friend, who timidly asks him for a favor on behalf of a man named Sibeko. Kumalo tells him that he will help anyone in their community, no matter what their religion might be. When they finally get there, Kumalo is terrified. The city is huge, and the countless neon lights are too much for him to understand. He cannot figure out how to cross the street. Msimangu tells Kumalo that he can stay with Mrs. Lithebe, a kind woman who will charge him cheap rent. After dinner, Msimangu privately tells Kumalo Gertrude's story. Kumalo is shocked. 1. 2. 3. 5. 7. 4. 6. 8.