Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Media in Student Affairs
Transcript of Social Media in Student Affairs
Presented by: Ed Cabellon
BSU Student Affairs Staff Development
• Current and future trends in Social Media in Higher Education, Student Affairs
• How to teach students about creating their “digital identity/brand” and implications of their “digital footprint”
• How to manage the online conversation into real life meetings and action.
Cleaning Up/Managing Your Digital Identity
"Google" yourself. What pictures, videos, links show up? Is it accurate? Usehttp://www.onlineidcalculator.comto get a full perspective.
Would you be comfortable showing your top job prospect your Facebook account? If not, take out anything that you wouldn't want them to see.
Set up Google Alerts with your name.
Remove "tagging" priveldges from Places and Photos in Facebook.
Create and manage a LinkedIn account as a home for your professional accomplishments and history and to connect with prospective employers.
Purchase your own name's URL to create a place where you can share your thoughts and begin creating your home on the web.
Social Media Management
Doing it alone is not an option
Spend 30 minutes at a time in the space
Set up a Google Alert for your "keywords"
Spend more time in backchannels and conversations with others.
Schedule posts, tweets, etc. for Web 1.0 content. (e.g. Tweetdeck, Co-Tweet, Hootsuite.)
Make it a goal to connect in-person with those you connect with online.
Follow the conversation at #saBSU