Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Dairy Cows
Brown Swiss 0.6%
Milking Shorthorn 0.1%
Around 9.2 million cows are being milked on 110,000 farms in the United States.
More than 99% of all dairy farms are family owned and operated. Dairying has improved through the years. Today, one cow can produce the milk that it once took 10 cows to produce.
U.S. cows give an average of 2,000 gallons of milk per year. That's over 30,000 glasses of milk! Before milking machines were invented in 1894, farmers could only milk about 6 cows per hour.
Today, farmers use machines to milk more than 100 cows per hour. by Jared Crapps