Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Salovey & Mayer's ability-based model of emotional intellige
Transcript of Salovey & Mayer's ability-based model of emotional intellige
Four branches of emotional intelligence
1. Emotional perception and expression
2. Emotional facilitation of thought (using emotional intelligence)
3. Emotional understanding
4. Emotional management
1. Flexible planning
2. Creative thinking
3. Redirected attention
Painful emotions are a crucial component of one’s personal growth.
It is important to utilize emotions rather than work against them.
The Mayer-Savoley-Caruso Emotional test
5000 participants aged 17 and over.
Strengths & Weakness
What is emotional intelligence?
Salovey and Mayer defined emotional intelligence as; ‘The subset of social intelligence that involves the ability to monitor one’s own and others’ feelings and emotions, to discriminate among them and to use this information to guide one’s thinking and actions.’
New aspect of intelligence that demonstrates how emotional intelligence is key to success
People may be have innate emotional intelligence but yet be emotionally damaged.