Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
From Zero to One Hundred: Creating a Transfer Community from the Ground UP
Transcript of From Zero to One Hundred: Creating a Transfer Community from the Ground UP
from the Ground UP Purpose of Workshop West Haven, CT University of New Haven the best practices, experiences and
interest of YOUR transfer students! 1. Recognize What is the Transfer
Culture at Your
Institution? Tiffany Green
Student Success Coach
University of New Haven
2012 SIT Conference 1. Recognize
4. Repair Commuters vs. Residents Veterans/
International/Out of State Traditional vs. Non-Traditional Aged Students (cc) photo by medhead on Flickr Survey ASK SIT TYE Focus Groups ... small Survey Responses:
37/200 students responded: Focus Groups: 12 students attended 1. Faculty Engagement
2. Career Development
3. Community Service 1.Orientation
2. TCE Process
3. Financial Aid 2. Recruit Facebook Programs Organizations Tau Sigma TransferMation Transfer Tuesday Faculty Mentor Program Advisory Board 3. Retain What are the common challenges with transfer students? Time Age Variation Transfer Identity Brainstorm ways you can overcome these obstacles. Collaboration "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" 4. Repair 1. Things to Keep 2. Things to Add 3, Things to Remove Did you know?
The University was founded in 1920.
Fall 2011 Enrollment
1,778 graduate students.
6,385 total enrollment.
82 acres in suburban West Haven, Connecticut, between Boston and New York. Minutes from the beach and lively downtown New Haven.
NCAA Division II
16 Varsity Teams
(7 Men’s, 9 Women’s) 4. Things to Enhance Contact information:
203-479-4245 Questions?? Engagement Numbers