Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Building Relationships
- Wikipedia is a relationship built on a solid foundation of friendship and trust What is a good relationship? Two individuals are in a good relationship if they.... Characteristics of a good relationship - see the relationship as an opportunity to give - are willing to change - are willing to admit mistakes - are willing to listen first - support each other - are open to each other - have integrity It means harmonized way of dealing with people at work. Relationship in Workplace http://www.lifeoptimizer.org/2008/08/25/good-relationships/ backed off from saying something because of the fear of being judged. Lets take a moment to ask ourselves if we have ever........ thought that talking with a person from another team isn't necessary. perceived someone to be a snub before making a genuine connection with that person. avoided sharing something thinking that the person isn't going to understand or be interested in what we have to say. If we have gone through such situations at some time in our life, we certainly need to work on to build a better relationship.... There isn't a prescription for it, or a one time solution.
Though, there are some general things that we can do that can help us achieve it.. How can we achieve it? So let's go through some of them together... is contagious and inspiring to work alongside 1. Develop a Positive Attitude Share the spotlight and recognition with co-workers 3. Share Opportunities and Recognition Willingly with Co-Workers 5. Resolve Conflicts Early Listen with both your ears and your eyes 7. Listen Attentively “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
Albert Einstein 2. Give Respect to Earn Respect. catch co-workers doing good work and tell that to as many people as you can across the organization 4. Accentuate the Positives It is counterproductive to expect and hope for everyone to be us and think like us 6. Accept Personal and Cultural Differences 9. Avoid Gossiping Do not purposely hold information 8. Communicate Effectively and Professionally
Better workplace atmosphere
Share and Celebrate
Happiness and Satisfaction Some Benefits of Good Relationship 10. Set Boundaries avoid negative thoughts, actions, criticisms, and sarcastic snipes. be less judgmental and accepting of others. Be respectful by paying attention, showing interest, listening carefully, and responding appropriately. Be open and honest about your feelings and allow others to do the same, in an amicable and professional way. Never be RUDE!! WHY?? Improves the trust and appreciation level amongst the entire team Try recommending them for opportunities and recognition first do not jump at every opportunity possible to expose the negativity or incompetency of another co-worker When a negative situation arises, do not let it continue to boil Be prompt, direct, honest and courteous Develop a plan of action to address the problem professionally with your co-worker Work together toward resolving it positively before having to bring it to your manager “There is very little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude.” - W. Clement Stone Never address co-workers with assumed cultural biases or stereotypes Try looking at things from other's perspective before jumping into conclusions Do not doddle, send text messages, take calls or answer emails when you‚ are supposed to be listening attentively Never refuse to communicate openly and professionally with co-workers Never give partial information with the negative hope that it will delay or trip up a teammate on a task or project Take the time to learn how co-workers on your team prefer to be communicated and interacted with Make the continuous improvement of your effective communication skills an annual goal for yourself Keep away from both the rumor mill and gossiping trap inside your workplace If someone tries to invite you into a gossiping party, refuse to take the invitation It is one of the top destroyers of healthy work relationships Don't let the relationship come to a situation where it hinders your work Avoid developing friendships at work that are too personal Politely decline the advances that you are not comfortable with Bad Relationship can lead to.... Query Time... Where as, Good Relationship can lead to.... http://untietheknots.com/blog/?p=737 http://swsi.moodle.tafensw.edu.au/ http://www.expressyourselftosuccess.com/ten-benefits-to-maintaining-good-relationships/ Even though we don't know best!! :)