Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Path to the SDN List
Transcript of Path to the SDN List
Meet Tay Za
- Tay Za confiscated 40,000+ acres of land in Irrawaddy Division through Htoo Group & Aye Ya Shwe Wa companies
- Confiscated farmland in Kamma Township to build a factory in 2011
The US Treasury's SDN List creates targeted sanctions against specific individuals and entities in otherwise unsanctioned countries -- preventing "bad actors" from benefiting economically off of US investment in their country.
SDN stands for "Specially Designated Nationals."
How does someone in Burma end up on the SDN List?
Here are some examples of how individuals end up on the SDN List...
He's a wealthy Burmese business tycoon who owns 3 major companies:
1. Htoo Group of Companies
2. Air Bagan
3. Asia Green Development Bank
- Tay Za's daddy
- Chief Minister of Rangoon Region
- Former VP Nominee
- His government connections jump started Tay Za's business career
- Tay Za's buddy
- Head of State (1992-2011): responsible for egregious human rights violations
- Awarded Tay Za the first construction contracts in Naypyitaw
- Tay Za brokered arms deals with China & aircraft deals with Russia
- Donated US $82,000 to the Burmese Army in 2013
- Tay Za's buddy
- Current Speaker of the Upper House of Parliament
- Former Joint Chief of Staff of Burmese Armed Forces - 3rd highest ranking member of SPDC military regime
- Tay Za hired Shwe Mann's son as Director of Htoo Group
Meet Thein Htay...
He is head of the Directorate of Defense Industries (DDI) and a bona fide member of the SPDC military regime.
Thein Htay helps spearhead the regime's illicit arms trade with North Korea.
These are just a few of many examples.
If the Obama Administration keeps refusing to update the SDN list, bad actors will keep benefiting from US investment & trade.
For more info, visit:
and scroll down to the SDN section of the investment page
Here's another example...
Meet Tun Tun Naung
He is the Northern Commander of the Burmese Army
- Leads the ongoing
against the Kachin & Shan ethnic groups
His army targets civilians & women as one of their strategic tactics in the war against the Kachin
He's on the SDN List, right?
The US government has been less than diligent about updating the SDN List
Which means doing business with Tun Tun Naung....
#1 Engaging in acts threatening peace or democracy in Burma
#2 Committing human rights abuses
#3 Selling and receiving arms from North Korea
TAY ZA IS ALSO
These are Tay Za's connections...
Tun Tun Naung
Tun Tun Naung is also
Adding only one individual in the past 3 years...
And removing several who did nothing to deserve the reward