Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Renaissance
Started in Italy
- the idea that humans are capable of great achievements
Influenced by Greek/Roman art
Linear Perspective - creates depth
Kings gained power - individualism push them to take what they wanted
Increase in cultural output in Europe from 1450s-1500s
Wealthy from the Crusades
Extra money = more leisure items
Powerful families spent on art as a show of power
- idea that the individual is more important than the collective
Shadowing - creates 3D effect
Detailed depiction of anatomy
Leonardo Da Vinci
Advancements in science, math, and engineering - humanism drove people to push boundaries
Increase in economic output - needed more money to make more art
Spread the Renaissance into other parts of Europe
Bible was the first printed book
Kings gained power
Merchants get rich
Started Protestant Reformation
- decrease importance of Church in daily life