Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Renewable Energy
demand, increase efficient technologies
- improve the existing REnewable energy systems Let's think outside the box... information numbers of efficiency differ a lot
lobbying Let us be opened to new
technologies and new
ways of life
Renewable energy Agenda the beginning
evaluation of information
our perspectives basic sources in our nature wind
fire development population growth lifestyle & RE newable
energy wind power hydroelectric power geothermal energy fossil REsources:
scarce REthink solar energy + no emissions while in use
- intermittent wind power
- countryside changes tidal energy
+ almost everywhere accessible
-water pumps need energy + continuously available
+ clean, no emissions
+ many application possibilities
- expensive and complex
- quantity of sunlight varies
- production with chemicals There are still many challenges ahead of us Inspiration Iceland Kenya Mongolia streetlights independence from power grid chance for rural areas REnewable energy Let us REthink Do you have any questions? biomass very controversial + regrowth - limited expandability
- high CO2 emission
-higher prices for food evaluate information carefully Sources
GEO, edition February 2013
Accessed from January 24th until February 25th 2013 Think outside the box 1. What impact will this topic have on the international transparency and co-operation in general and will there be a reliable and honest exchange of information about the progress with renewable energies? In these days politicians set international goals addressing climate change with strategic plans. 2. Think of something from you everyday life you would be willing to avoid or waive on for some time to save energy.