Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Gun Control
Not enough? how it started So what do you Think? who is involved implicatons why do you need to care Some words to know. Automatic firearm
-A firearm that reloads itself and keeps firing until the trigger is released. Semi automatic firearm
-A firearm which, after being fired, ejects the empty round that has been fired, loads a new cartridge, and (usually) re-cocks itself. CWW- concealed carry
-The practice of carrying a handgun or other weapon in public in a concealed manner, either on one's person or in proximity. Concealed Handgun License/Permit (CHL/CHP)
Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW)
Concealed (Defensive/Deadly) Weapon
Concealed Carry Permit/License (CCP/CCL)
License To Carry (Firearms) (LTC/LTCF)
Carry of Concealed Deadly Weapon license (CCDW)
Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Licenses that allow a person to carry a concealed weapon. NRA Brady Campaign •Formed in 1871 by Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate•They were disappointed in the marksmanship of their troops and wanted to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis,“•Created a large shooting range to train troops. - Mark Borinsky, founded the organization in 1974 as the National Council to Control Handguns. Pete Shields later became Chairman in 1978 following the murder of his twenty-three-year-old son, in 1974. The organization was renamed Handgun Control, Inc (HCI) in 1980.
- 1983, the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence (CPHV) was founded as an education outreach organization dedicated to reducing gun violence.
-In 1989, CPHV establishes the Legal Action Project to take the fight against gun violence to the courts.
- In 2001, HCI was renamed the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and CPHV was renamed Brady Center to Prevent Gun VIolence in honor of Jim Brady and his actions Guns on campus? Virginia Tech shooting
-April 16, 2007
- 32 people killed 17 wounded Columbine High School massacre
-April 20, 1999
-13 killed, 21 wounded Rochester institute of technology
-September 27, 2012
-Gun discharge goes through 2 other appartments The Stats "the last global Small Arms Survey showed there are 88 guns for every 100 Americans. Yemen is second at 54. Serbia and Iraq are among the other countries in the top 10." "The U.S has three gun homicides per 100,000 people. That’s four times as many as Switzerland, ten times as many as India, 20 times as many as Australia and England." The Big Questions Do week need more gun control? Tasers? should they be allowed on campus