Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Exit by Rita Dove (Commentary)
Transcript of Exit by Rita Dove (Commentary)
"now through/ the windshield the sky begins to blush" (11-12) Symbolism Similes by Elisa Dittmeier Exit by Rita Dove " The door opens to a street like in the movies,/ clean of people, of cats; execpt it is your street/ you are leaving." (2-4)
" the sky begins to blush/ as you did when your mother told you/ what it took to be a woman in this life." (12-14) Exit by Rita Dove Just when hope withers, the visa is granted.
The door opens to a street like in the movies,
clean of people, of cats; except it is your street
you are leaving. A visa has been granted,
"provisionally"-a fretful word.
The windows you have closed behind
you are turning pink, doing what they do
every dawn. Here it's gray. The door
to the taxicab waits. This suitcase,
the saddest object in the world.
Well, the world's open. And now through
the windshield the sky begins to blush
as you did when your mother told you
what it took to be a woman in this life.
Structure " Here it's gray." (8)
" The door/ to the taxi cab waits." (8-9)