Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ukraine Fashion
in a rhombus design. It represents feminine strength,
vigor and fertility. This design is inspired by nature. it features
a folk motif with typical bright, contrasting
colors. Traditional Ceremonial Clothing * The wreaths shown are woven from
myrtle and are a symbol of love,
purity and fertility. * Although not as popular as before, couples still choose to dress traditionally for the special occasion.
*Since beginning of 20 century, Ukrainian brides started wearing a white dress and veil while grooms would wear a formal suit. (black, grey or sometimes white)
* Some brides use just a few elements of Ukrainian styles such as embroidery or hand crafted jewelery. For grooms, they'd wear a Ukrainian embroidered shirt to the formal suite. Shoes * The main feature of Ukraine's national clothes is the baroque style.
* The earliest-known dress worn in Ukraine dates back to the Scythian and Sarmatian tribes.
* Items are made of cotton, silk, or wool.
* May be worn for festivals, special occasions, or holidays. * Traditionally, women wear a type of red leather boots to dance in as a part of their costume. * Postoly (hutzul slippers) were originally designed for peasants but became in style to Ukraine's fashion industry, * Today bast shoes are sold as souvenirs and sometimes worn by ethnographic music or dance troupes as part of their costumes. Every Day Clothing * Today, Ukraine has become very modern and their fashion has become very similar to ours.
*They wear high end
brands such as
Versace, Gucci, Dolce
& Gabbana, and Prada.
*Ukraine's style has
influenced some of
ours today as well. You can often find Ukrainians wearing the same shoe brands as we do. Although these items aren't as commonly worn, here are a few: Famous Ukrainian Designers * Designer Oksana Karavanska has been one of the well known names in Ukrainian fashion for more than a decade. She is one of the most famous and most creative designers and became a regular headliner at Ukrainian Fashion Week. * Julia Aysina is one of the leading Ukrainian designers. Her clothing line is described as chic, stylish, smart, gorgeous, and carefully detailed. * Voronin is the leading enterprise in sewing of high quality men’s garments and Voronin factory is one of the most successful brands of sewing industry in the world. Background Info * Ukraine is bordered by 7 countries: Russia to the east, Belarus to the north, Poland, Slovakia, and Hungary to the west and Romania and Moldova to the southwest. Borders Total Area *603,700 square kilometers Coastline * 1,279 miles on the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov. * Ukraine is situated in the central part of Eastern Europe and is located south-west of the Eastern European plain. Location Ukraine's Lookbook Summer Spring Autumn Winter Bibliography *http://lookbook.nu/search#!countries/ukraine